- Every candidate must have a clear Salvation testimony.
- Every candidate must have a clear calling of God into mission service.
- Every candidate must have Bible College training or mission experience or a combination of both. If the candidate is serving in church planting/leadership-Bible College training is required. Serving under a local church on the mission field as a medical missionary, an aviation missionary or other non church leadership mission work does not require Bible College training; but does require local church layman ministry experience and training in the particular work which God has called. Serving in church planting/leadership does require the candidate to meet the Biblical qualifications set forth in the Pastoral Epistles.
- Every candidate must have a supportive Pastor and a sending church with the same doctrinal stand as B.W.M.O.M.
- Every candidate must have a physical examination and physical ability to travel and live overseas.
- Every candidate must: (1) Fill out the preliminary questionnaire (2) Have three references sent to the home office. (3) Fill out the formal application. (4) Take part in a personal interview at the home office. There are exceptions to the personal interview, at which time a telephone interview will be sufficient. (5) Meet with the Board of Directors for final approval.
- NOTE: Candidates without cross cultural experience will be required to attend a candidate school.
Missionary Recommendation Form
BWMOM Operations Policies
Missionary Formal Application
Commandments for Missionaries